An easy to make recipe, suitable for the whole family that is free of processed ingredients, easy to digest and highly nutritious!
How many times you discover when purchasing vegan bakery foods that they are secretly harboring vast quantities of margarine and other trans fats, sugars and powders and lots of flavourings that can hide a huge range of other artificial compounds? Such as xantam gum, titanium dioxide, vegetable protein isolates, etc.
All of these processed ingredients have a detrimental effect to our health, causing pre-mature aging and inflammation, affecting our DNA molecules, shortening telomeres, accelerating the aging process, weaken our digestive tract, our skin condition, our brain function affecting our overall body function, our mood and our behaviour.
I simply love creating recipes at home, choosing carefully the ingredients and always making sure they nourish my body, rather than poisoning it.
I choose whole foods, simple ingredients, just as they are left by Mother Nature as only these can genuinely feed our cells and create harmony!
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 tbs coconut oil, softened to room temperature
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond milk or any other type
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (we used frozen wild blueberries)
- a handful of broken walnuts
- Coconut flakes
- RAWyal Honey*
*DO NOT cook with RAWyal Honey. Only use it with room temperature foods as it is 100% raw and heating it, it not only deteriorates its quality and loses its enzymes and nutrients, but it can also have a damaging effect on your health too.
Preheat oven to 220°C (428°F)
Prepare the wet mixture:
- Combine the bicarbonate of soda with the lemon juice and let it sit for a couple of minutes
- Mash the banana with almond milk and coconut oil until smooth
- Add the bicarbonate of soda mix to the banana mash and incorporate well
Prepare the dry mixture:
- Whisk the flours, cinnamon, salt
- Add the wet mixture
- Fold in the blueberries and walnuts.
Spoon the batter into muffin liners or straight into the tray filling them all the way to the top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes and check with a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin until it comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool for 15 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a plate to continue cooling.
Add the toppings, coconut flakes and RAWyal honey to sweeten.
Wishing you great health,